SailNet Community banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope 2022 is your best year ever! 馃槏

It would be great to see a pic of how you celebrated, on land or on your boat.

We are in St Barts in the Caribbean and had a picnic dinner on Shell Beach - deserted when we thought it would be packed

Water Water resources Light Green Watercraft

Warm, t-shirt weather 馃榾

Sky World Fireworks Light Lighting

And then in town dancing till dawn.

Registered
Contest 36s
We haven't partied for New Years for as long as I can remember. In days of yore we watched the awful New Year's Eve TV shows which began with Guy Lombardo and now probably have P Diddy. I don't know... the shows are horrible. I do like the look back at the TV bios of the people who passed... which can be interesting... We're usually in bed with the TV on and wife usually falls asleep and I have to wake her to give the traditional New Year's kiss.

We are not drinkers (wine and beer) only) and all the drinking on New Year's Eve is troubling and this is another reason not to be on the roads. Seems to me people just love to get stoned or drunk to have a good time. I think I stopped that routine when I entered my 30s in the last millennium.

Super Moderator
We had a great New Years. My wife had to work, so it was just me and the kids.

We decided to skip the parties and the three of us headed to a frozen swamp. Basic "dad" meals we cooked on the ice and had some great discussions about the natural environment we have here in Eastern Ontario. No sailing, but still a great new years.

Registered
Very Cool! Frozen Swamps and Marshlands are really cool places in the winter. They are Full of wildlife. We have a what's called the " Great Swamp" here in N.J. and several other large wildlife preserves. It's not quite cold enough yet here, as it's been raining for the past 3 days! Gasp!

Registered
We will be cruising east coast USA in 2023... We will give you lot a shake up! 馃槀馃ぃ馃槀

12:10 is almost respectable 馃榿

Story of my life: almost respectable. Let us know when you're here and I'll treat you to a beer or two.

Super Moderator
I thought bears hibernate? Or only after there's no more food to eat?

Great Video!
They do, seeing bears and bear sign in the winter here is unusual. If I was to guess, I would say an off leash dog or something disturbed it from its den, which wouldn't make for a very happy bear.

Registered
I don't think you want to see a pic of my wife and I on the couch watching shows on Hulu..... Made it to a little past 11pm this year. LOL

Happy New Year
Same here. We got a bottle of champagne, that is still in the refrigerator. Two photos show where my boat is, and where I am. 馃槥

Which is hard, as I sit here and watch the sailing videos of people who are in places like Biscayne Bay.
Snow Plant Road surface Outdoor bench Tree

Boat Sky Cloud Naval architecture Gas

Lake Sailor
Same here. We got a bottle of champagne, that is still in the refrigerator. Two photos show where my boat is, and where I am. 馃槥

Which is hard, as I sit here and watch the sailing videos of people who are in places like Biscayne Bay.
Mine of course is in the shed for the winter. It was -17F this morning. Happens a lot around here in the next couple of months. After Valentine's Day, we start thinking of pre-launch work.....

Registered
We had a great New Years. My wife had to work, so it was just me and the kids.

We decided to skip the parties and the three of us headed to a frozen swamp. Basic "dad" meals we cooked on the ice and had some great discussions about the natural environment we have here in Eastern Ontario. No sailing, but still a great new years.

I guess that answers the age old question "Does a bear poop in the woods"?

Registered

We are in St Barts in the Caribbean and had a picnic dinner on Shell Beach - deserted when we thought it would be packed

View attachment 141733
Warm, t-shirt weather 馃榾

View attachment 141734
On a positive note, all the gators down here in Sunny San Leon seem to be hibernating - we haven't seen them in a couple of months and we won't be going around waking them. I'm confident they'll start showing once we decide to do some bottom scrubbing (damned lizards)

Registered
Beautiful . we move this year

View attachment 141733
Warm, t-shirt weather 馃榾

View attachment 141734
[/QUOTE

View attachment 141733
Warm, t-shirt weather 馃榾

View attachment 141734

1 - 20 of 20 Posts