SailNet Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
S2 7.9 Bear Lake, UT
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to remount a new bow pulpit. I am in a small town with limited resources. My Ace Hardware stainless is likely 18-8 and I would prefer to invest in 316 stainless. I think a #12 machine screw would be my best size but having trouble finding a good selection online where I can order either quality stainless hardware in smaller quantities either individual or quantities of 25 or less.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I’ve ordered from Sea Screw and Marsh Hardware in the past and had good results.....

·
Registered
S2 7.9 Bear Lake, UT
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still searching.

Marsh Hardware does not carry #12s
Sea Screw is UK based and has only metric
Mc Master Carr does not have #12s in 316

I will call the pulpit manufacturer on Monday to see what sized they recommend for hardware but #10 looks to small and 1/4" looks too big or are at least bigger than the previous holes.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts

·
Registered
S2 7.9 Bear Lake, UT
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
try 1/4" as # 12 is an odd ball size and will be harder to source in 316 and almost impossible if you need long bolts
Good suggestion. I had already purchased 1/4 from the hardware store locally but they did not fit the previous holes and then I realized they are not 316. I will call the pulpit builder on Monday to ensure the holes in the pulpit will work with 1/4," then order them from Bolt Depot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts