SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. i just bought a harken furler at a great price. it's a great shape and great working condition. i got the sail included. one problem.i need to transport it and, without separating it in the middle so i can "fold" it in half, it's too big to carry on the rack on my truck. it's a mk1. been together for a good while. i know they are assembled with locktite and i used a propane torch but can't get it separated. it won't budge. anyone have experience with this that could give me a solution? i tried emailing harken but got no response. thanks

·
Registered
133 Posts
Have you tried coiling it?
This post reminded me I have a harken 1.5 brand new never used I got at tpi like 20 years ago it was for either a j40 or j37 with rod rigging. I was going to put it on my 30 at the time but liked changing sails so never used it. If anybody is interested in buying it let me know.

Back to the post when tpi ship it to me the foil is all together they just coiled it in coil about a 5 foot diameter .

Sorry that was wrong I took a look at it apparently they gave me the forestay coiled and the tracks are in a tub, hey it's been twenty years...

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you tried coiling it?
This post reminded me I have a harken 1.5 brand new never used I got at tpi like 20 years ago it was for either a j40 or j37 with rod rigging. I was going to put it on my 30 at the time but liked changing sails so never used it. If anybody is interested in buying it let me know.

Back to the post when tpi ship it to me the foil is all together they just coiled it in coil about a 5 foot diameter .

Sorry that was wrong I took a look at it apparently they gave me the forestay coiled and the tracks are in a tub, hey it's been twenty years...

yeah. i didn't think that sounded possible lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts