SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Banned
17,447 Posts
Reaction score
Man, I wish! That is one of the best off-shore races around...especially if you have the right crew:

I'm afraid my offshore racing days are done until the boys get a bit older...and our boat is ready.

· Banned
17,447 Posts
Reaction score
There were also a couple of rescues around Port O'Connor. Rudder failure on one (towed in) - and head injury on another (injured crew pulled off).

Sounds like it was a serious yard sale out there.

And you're absolutely right about the inlets. I've seen some wicked waves at the Port A and Freeport inlets. Cutting the Galveston Jetty that tight in big seas and winds? With only a reefed main showing maybe they just had an engine failure.

· Banned
17,447 Posts
Reaction score
I just talked to some guys that came in here for the night. Supposedly, the owner of French Kiss was not on board, and had two crew members bringing the boat back. May not be a fact though.

Looking at the tracker, they just drove right into the south jetty-http://trackleaders.com/harvest14i.php?name=FRENCH_KISS

Ralph
Yeah - definitely looks like they drove right onto the rocks.

And by this CG pic, it looks like the owner was on it (looks like the same guy from his Linkedin profile)...

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.