SailNet Community banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm trying to decide if DIY installation is worth the time and effort. I've priced PlasTeak at about $8K for the custom-made mats, or $5K for the DIY rolls of material that you join together similar to hardwood flooring (but more complicated). If anyone has actually tried this, I'm wondering if it's practical for a 50 foot sailboat with kingplanks an all sorts of other interesting patterns to make.

It seems like all the posts are about which brand to buy but none about actual installation.

I was originally thinking about replacing the old teak with Kiwigrip but am concerned about the aesthetics, not to mention resale value.
Installation for all of them is about the same the best thing is to make a template and have them pre-make the panels electronically welded together a plastic is garbage the color is it is it is terrible and it’s not realistic looking I use Flexiteek it has some actual wood in it and it’s a better product it’s more UV resistant and it looks more natural I thought a lot of people with my flight with Flexiteek

1 - 1 of 1 Posts