SailNet Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Doons
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently sent my Datamarine Depth Sounder to this shop for repair.

I received one call on the repair, returned it (got a machine) but never heard back from them again. Now it appears their phone is disconnected and I'm out my depthsounder.

Any idea where these folks may have gone?

Thanks

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yes. I have used them 2x for very minor items - replacement plastic covers for my dated depth sounder. Both times, 3 years apart, they sent the part with a request to send $10 back when I received it - how about that. $10x2 sent promptly on both occaisions from me. I'd give 'em some time. They seem pretty straight-up to me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Datamarine instrument repair in East Falmouth

I've had months of frustration with the Datamarine instrument guy (Michael Davison) at East Falmouth.

First of all, he was very courteous and repaired my masthead wind sensor promptly. A week later it fell apart at my masthead. Raising and lowering masts is not my idea of fun and he refused to repair it no-charge. He said that the Allan screw must have been undone and the wires must have been cut because these tiny wires would have held the parts up. I sent him a letter signed by the mast raising crew stating that they saw the mast go up smoothly with no damage to the masthead wind sensor. (He didn't buy my suggestion that this unit swinging in the strong winds we had would have broken the wires--and many people know that to break a wire, just bend it back and forth until it breaks. He said I was being "arrogant" and insisted on a further payment, which I finally made to get my unit out of captivity. Well, months have passed, and no unit. He doesn't answer e-mails, correspondence or phone calls. A while back I saw a unit for sale on his web site and I wondered if it was mine.

So, I can identify with your experience and I'm sure we're not alone.

Anybody else with a similar experience?

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Datamarine vs DMI Marine

Hello,

I have used DMI to repair my wind instrument and to order covers and other parts.

These are the guys:
DMI Marine, Inc.
DMI Marine, Inc.
18 Commerce Park Road
Pocasset, Ma 02559

main phone number: 508-564-7491
fax number: 508-564-7497
email: [email protected]

I have been very happy with them.

Good luck,
Barry

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dmi

I have found DMI to be very courteous and professional. I wish I had known about them before I sent my masthead unit to Datamarine Instruments in East Falmouth.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi All,

I just wanted to let you know, I just acquired all of the parts, manuals, schematics and inventory from the past Datamarine owner in E. Falmouth. I'm sorry to hear about your missing parts, If you can describe it, I'll take a look through the lot and see if I can find it.

Let me know if I can help you with anything!

Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts