SailNet Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16,466 Posts
Seen it. Heh-heh.

I do admire the dude's tenacity.
Well, if it was your boat I would bet that you would not let it go:D

That is no storm, just not fair weather and the impossibility to be on anchor on a non sheltered place.

If those guys are the Captain and the First mate I would not have liked to sail with them. It seems they never heard about anchor watch and also that it would be very difficult and dangerous to board the boat on those circumstances. How difficult would be to make a rope makeshift ladder with one or two hooks to attach on the lifelines?

I would say that if I had a boat so difficult to get on board I would have one permanently rigged on the dinghy. If they abandon the boat on an exposed place without no one on board I would say it would be a basic precaution.

Regards

Paulo

·
Registered
511 Posts
For those who doubt how hard it is to recover a man overboard, imagine trying to get someone who is exhausted back aboard on a boat with that design. It is hard for me to understand why someone who expects to get aboard from a dinghy doesn't have a boarding ladder. And I do like having a swim platform as well.

·
Freedom isn't free
2,944 Posts
I'll say it... BFS certified.

Old as dirt as this is, couple things come to mind... A) a RIB would have been easier B) boarding ladder? Someone got off that boat without one?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts