SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Hi
I have to move a Hunter 30 from Havre de Grace, MD to Georgetown , S.C. I have ordered guides and charts but have not arrived yet. Can anyone tell me how many days it will take me motoring in daylight hours. I also am considering to brake the trip in 2 and motor half of it this month and the rest next month.
Can I motor at night with a large light while in the ditch?? Any advise is appreciated
My C36 was delivered from HdG to Deltaville in 2 days. 1st leg from HdG to Solomons, then Solomons to Deltaville. One more hop would have you at the start of the "ditch". I would guess at least another 3 days from there?

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Was that during winter? Daylight is still pretty scarce this time of year. HdG to Solomons must be 80+ nautical miles or so. Would need to average 8 knots to do that in 10 hours of daylight.

On our 31 footer, this time of year, I'd be looking to break that leg in two.
Good point -- That was in July. Many more daylight hours and a C36 likely motors a bit faster than a C30 as well. Also I believe the delivery captain left just at, or even before, first light which would be pretty miserable this time of year. Its also going to be mighty cold in the mornings.

I think I'd be waitng a month or two to make this move personally.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.