SailNet Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Fresh off my recent ban for so called "aggression " and a week at an exclusive workshop on Toxic Masculinity I've decided (in agreement with my therapist) that whenever posting I shall ...
1.take tea with my pinky fully extended.
2 Wear an ascot and captain's hat.
3. Wrap a pastel colored sweater around my shoulders.
4. Play the remastered version of "Sailing" by Christopher Cross on repeat at a reasonable volume.
Whether or not I'll be wearing pants is my business.
Anyway, I'm on my way to argue..DOH!...,make that "politely discuss"- my 4200.00 bill at Blue water Marine that was estimated at 2000.00 before putting in and heading South to my Newly minted pier in Belhaven. Wish me God Speed and Cheerio.!
Trousers Standing Gesture Suit Flash photography

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
God Speed and Cheerio old chap

Reactions: Angus Og

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Anyway, I'm on my way to argue..DOH!...,make that "politely discuss"- my 4200.00 bill at Blue water Marine that was estimated at 2000.00
You'll find it difficult to plead poverty for repairs on a sailboat or Rolls Royce, welcome to "yachting".

·
Administrator
8,089 Posts
Chis Cross beats this song....

Split Endz "6 months in a leaky boat"!

Bon voyagé

?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
This is not going to go well.
Well your psychic powers are apparently beyond reproach.....Ready!! OK, my meeting with Jim at Blue Water was masterfully negotiated to a very reasonable conclusion. Great guy and a reasonable man. The work performed was exactly as promised and I walked out to the dock, head held high to my improved, awaiting vessel and climbed aboard. The boat has been on the hard for 3 months so she wouldn't start right away but was turning just fine. I thought well, maybe there's a little air in the injector so I cracked the 10mm valve and she started right up. I went to close it and the bolt head just twisted off like so much tin foil and fuel started shooting out of the hollow body still treaded into the hole. Good times!! Friday night, labor day weekend, no way to get parts or a left handed drill set to back the remains of the valve bolt out of the hole till Tuesday. So Jim , realizing was a sorry SOB I was at that juncture hauled me back out, free of charge and said have a great weekend, see ya Tuesday. I love my boat ...I love my boat....I'm going to Corova Beach in my truck for a moment of quiet prayer and reflection. Happy thoughts :mad::poop::devilish::ROFLMAO::LOL: :geek:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Say, I don't think we've seen any pictures of that newly minted pier yet, have we?
When I get back I'll be happy to send pics of my empty pier...as you can see it's 4:33 am and Ive been haunted all night by dreams of Volvo parts dept managers laughing maniacally in my face saying, ,, "That part has been discontinued since Nineteen elevendy...ah-ha, aha, hahahahaha!". :oops:

·
Registered
24,683 Posts
dreams of Volvo parts dept managers laughing maniacally in my face saying,
When I had a Volvo, I used MarinePartsExpress. Their website has all the schematics. You order online and it will tell you if discontinued or replaced with new part number. I found most things drop shipped right from Volvo. If in stock, it came quickly. The owner, JD, helped me sort out a problem or two along the way. If you need their help, then call. Emails take a long time to reply. Good luck.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When I had a Volvo, I used MarinePartsExpress. Their website has all the schematics. You order online and it will tell you if discontinued or replaced with new part number. I found most things drop shipped right from Volvo. If in stock, it came quickly. The owner, JD, helped me sort out a problem or two along the way. If you need their help, then call. Emails take a long time to reply. Good luck.
Awesome, thanks. I'm going to try to get this figured out without a diesel Mechanic. (famous last words)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Which Belhaven marina, if you don't mind the asking?
I have a home on the ICW. My son and I just finished building our pier. I do know the guys at Belhaven Marina, in fact the dock master "Mike": is out on our porch here on Carova Beach right now having breakfast with the family. We're celebrating my decline on my 54th Bday today.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts