SailNet Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I'd rather be sailing
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We'll be going outside to Ft. Lauderdale tomorrow (Tuesday) and will have the SPOT running as usual. 15-20 from the stern (hopefully from the quarter) with 2-4ft waves. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it's not too bumpy - we'll only be running about a mile offshore to make sure we don't hit the stream. We'll be running the hand line and I'm hoping we catch something good. In Lauderdale, we'll be going to the municipal marina on New River. Does anyone have a referral to a Raymarine person in Lauderdale?

·
Wandering Aimlessly
22,037 Posts
Here's to an uneventful passage.

·
Aquaholic
1,139 Posts
Good sailing, Chris! catch a big one on the way

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
Have fun...

·
Crazy Woman Boat Driver
840 Posts
Chris I do down in Miami.. Not sure he will travel up there without you paying for his travel time. Call Me and let me know.

·
I'd rather be sailing
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, we ended up taking the ICW down... went out the Ft. Pierce Inlet to 6-7ft tall steep seas or so from the beam and 20kts of wind. I'm assuming they would have calmed down a little, maybe, once we got farther off the inlet, although they were predicting 5-8 in the stream about 9 miles off. We went to raise our main and found that our halyard winch was frozen up, so no main. We ended up going back in the inlet and motoring and then sailing down the ICW. We should make it to Lauderdale tomorrow, and then we'll be disassembling our winch to see what's up with it.

·
I'd rather be sailing
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey - it's all good. I was really looking forward to a good power sail today. Even with the biggish waves, it would have been a real nice fast reach down the coast. It felt good to be out in the bumps, even if we were rocking 30 degrees in either direction with our sails down :). This ICW stuff just ain't for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts