I would suggest researching it in other places beside forums

have you ever asked what oil is best for your engines? same thing happens

the THREAD IMPLODES!

jajaja

· Registered
Corsair 24
4,590 Posts
Reaction score
I can't imagine why this should be a controversial subject :) The Either/Or approach many seem to take with regards to Heavy vs Light displacement, 'Modern vs Traditional', is just silly. In boat and sailing, as in Life, 'Moderation', or 'Balance', is generally a very good way to go. I would have thought the matter of seakindliness and 'comfort' in an offshore cruising yacht was settled decades ago with the publication of this book, but obviously not... :)

A guy named Olin Stephens seemed to know a thing or two about boats... I'll go with his take on the subject...
have you ever read an OIL THREAD?

the simple reason is people are too damn biased on the subject and despite facts and knowleadge settling the matter no matter what people will not understand or respect the other point of view...

of course there are tremendous amounts of facts on the matter and yes it has been settled but the point will always be lambasted from each side

I love that book btw...

Im sure you know what Im taking about...:)

· Registered
Corsair 24
4,590 Posts
Reaction score
oh btw...we should all know this, basing all you info or facts from one designer would be foolish no matter how good he or she was...

I once got into a deep conversation with a bunch of cruisers out on the hook from around the world

there were french, canadian, german, belgian, spanish and italian

and they were talking designers both old and new and I said I like many a S and S design and I got a few chuckles here and there...nothing bad...but just saying...

one needs to be openminded on certain things...whats comfortable to one person might be hellish to someone else etc..etc...

Reactions: oysterman23
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.