SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Reaction score
I''m just jumping in here because I was attracted to the subject title "heeling paranoid" as that fits me to a "T". I am new to this site and am looking to find others who are in the same boat, so to speak and see how others are coping, overcoming this very real fear. Heeling just doesn''t feel good to me, it makes me think we are going to go over on our side. When we are out and heeling, I see other boats in the same position and I tell myself "see they are OK" but I DON''T LIKE the feeling. I wish I felt safer, it JUST doesn''t FEEL safe. This is not rational I know, but the fear is real to me and I would like to talk to others who have experienced this when they started sailing. Thanks.

· Registered
5 Posts
Reaction score
Thanks Jeffrey for validating my position. Was out Friday night for a sail and it was not my cup of tea as it was windy, so there was heeling. My beau kept the boat fairly even but there were jabs at me for being a sissy, too bad too sad. Out on Sunday, there was very little wind and the boat was even and it was lovely. My kind of sail. That is MY comfort zone.I need positive experiences out there to get use to it and at MY speed. Rome wasn''t built in a day. Thanks again for your imput really appreciate it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.