SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
346 Posts
Reaction score
Ahoy, all this said has anyone ever thought to try to knock her down or in other words try to flip the thing !! I don''t believe any large (over 20'') displacement vessel of a production type can be flipped except in a combination of wind and waves ( Ocean ). These vessels aren''t designed to go over !! If you can reach the point of no return and not break something or spill your wind in the process, your in a boat designed for speed and not safety. Get a different boat. As far a healing paranoia and reefing each captain has the responsibility to to keep the passengers safe and comfortable. Otherwise put the rail in the water and relax , the worst that could happen is you''ll get wet and have to swim home. Big Red 56

· Registered
346 Posts
Reaction score
Ahoy, I may be accused of being a trouble maker but I was stunned that this subject was still lingering on the site. You couldn''t flip the thing could you sehopkins? I told you so.I am a great student of sailing theory and boat design and performance just like the next guy but I can get really annoyed when simple questions get turned into academic whirlpools. Not one of the respondants to your question gave a actual experience of a knockdown of any type of boat of any kind in the waters which you ply or anywhere else. Wind and waves combined, the like of which that don''t exist in the Chesapeake , can knock down any vessel, being handled by the best of captains. I challange anyone to respond with the news clipping of such an event in your area, period. Your boat rounded up when the going got rough, well duh it''s designed too. A production boat company with a reputation for unstable... no a boat that is subject to frequet knockdowns risking the lives of the innocent customer does not exist. Never will. You couldn''t flip your boat by sailing it I don''t care how hard . Period but Iam sure this is not the end of the dicussion.Big Red 56

· Registered
346 Posts
Reaction score
Ahoy, again, Why wait? I''ve got a friend at an airport that can get you some great de-icing chemicals!! Ha Ha. Come on down the the big land of sunshine we don''t need no stinking winters!!. Happy Holidays to all and to all a good sail!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.