SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Reaction score
hi susieq, I too am new to this site, and to sailing, i just got a 16 ft. precision, and i love it. at first when it would heel it scared me, since i had no experience in sailing , and ive had no instructions i read everything i could find about sailing and ive sailed it now about 10 times , im learning, and now when it heels im not quite so scared. my big question is can i learn to sail on my own?

· Registered
18 Posts
Reaction score
thanks dhartdallas for your advice , i tryed the drill you mentioned, and i think after i use it a few times ill get the hang of it, it was a big help in trimming the sail. i have one other qusetion, i read somewhere that on a run the center board should be raised about 3/4 of the way up, is this true? and if so, can you explane why?i would be very gratful to if you can ...... fair winds and blue skys.......snoreky

· Registered
18 Posts
Reaction score
thanks pelagia , i think you have answered the question i had , one other thing that i would like to know about is something i read in a book im reading , it says "don''t jybe with the center board fully down " but it doesen''t explane why . can you give me the answer? also it says that having the center board down too far can cause a broach, can you tell me about this. thanks again.....snoreky

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.