SailNet Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am Cam and Mell is my better half we cruise the nw Caribbean, Belize, Mexico Rio Dulce Honduras. We are aboard Galatea 44 ft Colvin junk rig. Rite now held up in Texas.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
diesel issues have us stuck, we crossed the gulf 6 days of 8 to 14 foot seas. we shut her off ever day for an hour and she always started back up. Then when we got into Offets Bayou we were more than ready for a day ashore and after 12 hours off she just would not start again turns over but will not hit. I have primed, checked the compressions, glow plugs, raycore, secondary filter , fuel pump and still nothing. We have a 30 hp sabb Norwegian Diesel. Then we got hit by ike but believe it or not ike didn't damage us at all thank what ever i can for that.

·
Registered
660 Posts
What is your engine, What was the compression reading? Have you looked at a fuel sample from as far as you can get towards the injectors? Hows it look? How is your oil? How about the linkages for the fuel shutoff? Just some ideas, maybe I can help. This forum loves a good challenge.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Welcome to Sailnet.

Personally, I would go with Cam-Wow! ;)

If you make a separate post about your engine, you'll get help. Much of it useful.

David

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ill make a new post if you think that will help guide me to a possible fix.
Everyone in the cruiser community everyone calls us the Camels. I grew up in Saudi so it makes a bit of since and me and Mel are always in the same boat so camel works well.

i don't have a reading for the compression i just know what it feels like in good condition and tested it via hand. ok everyone i think i a few minutes ill go and start the help my poor engine thread.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts