SailNet Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, hello.

I have no idea how the existence of this site has evaded me for years, and apologies in advance for any accidental violations of etiquette. It seems like a pretty vibrant community here, and I'm excited to contribute inasmuch as I'm able.

I just recently purchased a 41' True North liveaboard (she's currently on the hard up in Maine; I'll be bringing her down to Boston this spring). This was an upgrade from my first boat, a beautiful 22' Bristol.

There are a few cosmetic projects to be done, as well as a few more serious ones. Nothing mission-critical, really, but all relatively new turf for me. I'm going to have to rebed the stanchions, which I'm pretty sure I've got a handle on - I actually found a thread here through google, which is how I became aware of this site. Once that's done, over the course of the summer/fall, I'll be rewiring the electricity. That's the component which is relatively new to me, seeing as the Bristol only had very basic electricity. Essentially, there was an electric starter for the outboard and I had running lights. Nothing fancy.

I'm sure I'll have a ton of questions, and hopefully I'll have an answer or two to provide somewhere to try and keep it at least a little bit balanced.

Looking forward to sharing info!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts