SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everybody,
I live in Cincinnati Ohio and I just now discovered this community. Ive been sailing almost my whole life but I am just now getting really serious about it as a lifestyle. I have a Cape Dory 25 which I bought to cruise the Chesapeake bay last summer. Now the boat is back home sitting on its trailer. I plan to put the boat is the ohio river this spring. The boat is much to hard to transport and Im getting tired of sailing it on the same ol' lake all the time. I plan to sell it in the future and get a much more trailerable boat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there!

I, too, have a Cape Dory 25. I usually keep it in a slip but brought it home recently for some upgrades and maintenance. You're right. It's on a trailer but
it's not really a trailerable. It's about as trailerable as a beached whale! However, it's built like a tank, is seaworthy and is very forgiving.
I got mine at a low initial cost which included the old storage trailer. After 19 months and over $12K it was ready to go. Now I know for sure that BOAT stands for Bring Out Another Thousand!
I've still got some grand plans for her and a long cruise that is way overdue but the way things are going I may just put her in my neighbor's swimming pool and pretend a lot as I sip a margarita. I was always partial to a Potter 19 but my wife thinks they're too small. Which is really funny since she doesn't go sailing with me! Are you near the Great Lakes? Drop me a line if you want at
svGladysErzella at yahoo dot com
I'm new on this board, also, so welcome aboard!
Fair Winds......
sailorsloopy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts