SailNet Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Fisher motorsailor
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

I have just joined this forum but am not new to sailing. We have a 40 year old Fisher motorsailor (looks like a traditional fishing boat) based in our home town of Teignmouth, Devon on England's south coast. Our cruising ground has always been restricted by having to work and pay bills but we manage to get along the UK coast and over to the Channel Isles. I'm currently having a gap year following a takeover of my employers so maybe I will get a bit further next year.

If anyone wants advice on sailing this beautiful coast, and maybe even visiting our lovely little harbour, just ask.

Fair winds to all

Andrew Thompson, Fisher 30 "Jojac"

·
Fisher motorsailor
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Paulo

Thanks, I hope one day to get to your coast. I lived in Sao Joao do Estoril back in 1999 - 2000 when I was in NATO Lisbon. I loved the area and hope one day to sail there.

Regards

Andrew

·
19,489 Posts
.. and I'd be happy to help when you get over to Canada's West Coast! ;)

Anyhow, welcome, enjoy the forum. So many places in the world with good cruising.

·
Super Fuzzy Moderator
17,137 Posts
Teignmouth eh ? Now there's a name than rings the odd bell.

Welcome to you, it is a nice thing to have folk from anywhere other than America on the board. That is not in any way a snide put down of our American friends more that I for one welcome the participation of people , like Paulo for instance, not from the US.

The idea of pottering about the British coast has enormous appeal for me. My mothers side of the family came from Grimsby and I've always had a liking for coastal Britain. One of my favourite books is "Coasting" (Jonathan Raban) and I'm a regular visitor to Dylan Winter's website.

Doubt you'll ever make it down to the anitopodes but if you do .....

·
Registered
16,466 Posts
Teignmouth eh ? Now there's a name than rings the odd bell.

Welcome to you, it is a nice thing to have folk from anywhere other than America on the board. ... I for one welcome the participation of people , like Paulo for instance, not from the US.
I don't know were I got the idea that you were not from the states also:D

Regards

Paulo

·
Registered
16,466 Posts
Hi Paulo

Thanks, I hope one day to get to your coast. I lived in Sao Joao do Estoril back in 1999 - 2000 when I was in NATO Lisbon. I loved the area and hope one day to sail there.

Regards

Andrew
Two or three years ago me and my wife had touring Devon (and the surrounding counties) by car and we love it.

Being sailors we have toured mainly along the coast that has beautiful villages and very nice ports, mainly in rivers mouths. Maybe one day I will sail there even if those big tides are a bit frightening for someone with a big draft sailboat and likes to stay on anchor.

Regards

Paulo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts