SailNet Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Florida. I started sailing a couple months ago. I got a sovereign 17 and have been doing some dingy sailing. Going to do some sunfish this weekend. Looking forward to chatting with everyone here!

·
Bring On The Wind
281 Posts
Welcome to sailnet, this is a great place to learn about all things sailing related. Fair winds and let us know how you're doing.

·
S/V Calypso
246 Posts
Welcome to SailNet! There are a lot of great and knowledgeable folks around here.

·
A perfect day!
116 Posts
When you get comfortable on the sunfish try sailing it while standing up!..
Used to do that...it's a blast. You need a fresh breeze, 15 +.... I would shift my weight, put the port gunwale in the water and skim the water with the sail.....lots of fun...no tacking though until you sit down....:laugher. Miss that!
Chris

·
A perfect day!
116 Posts
BTW...haven't stopped sailing since...it all started with that Sunfish. Great boat!
Welcome to sailing!
Chris

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone. We did about 7 miles on the sunfish on Saturday up in northern MN. Might try another go today with 10-15 knots forecast. And then back to FL. I've been tempted to get a sunfish for FL but I already have a small 17ft keelboat. I don't want to be a sailboat hoarder but it might be a fun one around the beaches!

·
Registered
4 Posts
alpha,
How is the sailing going? I'm in west Broward county and looking to learn to sail. Any tips o where to start?
I hear they have a club on North lake in Hollywood.
Do you have any tips?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts