SailNet Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

Been getting excited for my upcoming move to Okinawa, and of course, a change in hobbies to include everything on a tropical island. The main one being boating. So I searched around for forums and this seems like the place to be.
I'm no stranger to boating and the water, but a stranger to sailing and salt water. :) So as I get closer to Oki, I'll be looking for buying advice from you all. (Plan so far is to get a 'starter' sailboat then upgrade later with an ultimate dream of sailing all over the Pacific.)

So, 'hi' to everyone. I look forward to exploring the forums and getting on the water!

TJ

·
Registered
203 Posts
Welcome aboard Buds!

Given where you are now and where you're going, can I assume that you're military? If so, you'll be able to take advantage the nice little marina at Kadena AFB. My brother rented sailboats there when he was in the Marines. You might want to spend some time below the surface also - the diving in Okinawa is supposed to be spectacular.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Bill,
Yup, you are correct in that assumption. I'm so fortunate to be able to see the world this way!
Yeah, we're hoping to use the Kadena marina for pretty much everything; boating, scuba, renting, etc. Can't wait!
TJ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts