SailNet Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Let me sail with you
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi to everyone, my name is Saskia aka kiwiladysailor, as my name suggests I come from New Zealand, I am a 56 year old widow who in retirement has decided to learn to sail, I am presently in mexico having been with a boat for a month coming from west coast US and am off to Florida soon to catch another boat sailing south to the Caribbean. Last summer I sailed around Corsica, and also in the South of France with friends. I am a learner sailor and hope to gain enough skill to be competent enough to buy and sail my own boat, thats if I don't find Mr Sailor in the mean time and he lets me sail with him. My life dream as I was involved in business was to one day retire early, buy a boat with my then husband and sail the world, unfortunately he died, and for a while I wondered if I could ever do it alone. I decided to give it a try, so here I am now getting underway , I have met so many people already who enjoy this lifestyle and I am determined to become one of them , come what may. So guys if you are interested in a very competent galley chef as a new sailing friend or alternatively know of any crusty old salts out there , ( please not too crusty) looking for a sea worthy gal, send him my way, so i can look him over , have him thoroughly surveyed and give him a trial sail. Thanks for all help its appreciated. Saskia

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
No salt in my pond! Sounds like you got your dream by the tail. Keep on sailing & keep posting-- Dale

·
Somewhat Senior Member
619 Posts
:worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless:

Would you have any restrictions with regard to 'draft' or 'bridge clearance'? :laugher

·
Future Catamaran Owner
53 Posts
Welcome Saskia.

I admire your adventurous spirit, determination and positive attitude.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts