SailNet Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Newbie, boatless
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a software developer living in south Jersey. My hobbies include building remote control aircraft models, and occasionally flying them ;). That does not seem to burn a big enough hole in my pocket so I decide to pursue my bigger dream, sailing. I am a complete newbie.

I plan to take ASA 101 as soon as the school nearby is opened. I will be looking to buy a sailboat. In fact I bump into sailnet while browsing some boat sale websites. This looks like a great forum and I look forward to learning tons of knowledge here.

Thank you for reading this.

·
Learning a bit every day
214 Posts
Hi, and welcome to the forum. You'll certainly found the right place to be given lots of inspiration to follow your dream.

Reactions: tangent

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Tangent

I'm also new to Sailnet and from New Jersey - Monmouth county. Looking to buy a boat this spring and keep it just off Barnegat Bay. We took the ASA 101 class last summer and are hooked!

Looking forward to meeting more Jersey sailors on this forum! :)

Christina

·
Newbie, boatless
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FinallySailing, jimgo, Christina, chip,
Thank you all for replying. I live near Cherry Hill, much closer to Delaware river than to the shore. Can't wait to take the sailing class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Fortuitous
338 Posts
Cool. I went to Barnegat Bay Sailing School in Bayville. Great folks.

I now have a small boat on Barnegat Bay and also crew on a couple race boats, one on Barnegat and another on the Delaware River, up in Burlington. Sailing is awesome, and (although I have nothing to compare it to, directly) NJ isn't a bad place to learn. Except when the bay freezes and the river fills with ice and it snows every day.

·
Newbie, boatless
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks, chip. I looked up Barnegat Bay Sailing School and found it to be a better place, the bay area is much wider. I will call them tomorrow.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Asleep at the wheel
3,016 Posts
Given your location, have you considered Liberty Sailing School too? I'm not trying to talk you out of any of the others, and I have no affiliation with any of the schools. Just thinking that it would be more convenient to drive to Philly versus driving to Brick. I wonder if Winter's Sailing Center doesn't have classes, too.

Anyway...welcome aboard!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts