SailNet Community banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Bring On The Wind
281 Posts
Welcome to sailnet, this is a great place to learn about all things sailing related. Read tge threads, ask questions, there's plenty of people here willing to help. Tell us a little more about yourself, do you have a boat, taken any ASA classes, etc.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Welcome. We sail out of the Mississippi gulf coast. One of our favorite week trips is to sail down to Pensacola and hang out in little Sabine Bay, or Big Lagoon, for a few days. :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome! We currently have 2 boats, an O'day 22 and an O'day 25. We bought the 22 from a young Navy Lt who was shipping out of NAS Pensacola. She is a certified instructor, and in the deal we got 2 sailing lessons. She was an awesome instructor, and we learned a lot. While looking for a motor, I ran across a deal on the 25 that was too good to pass up, so we purchased her. She was ready to go, already in a slip. Our 2nd lesson was on the 25, which was good because our instructor was able to check the boat out, and get us set up to sail our own boat. Since then we have been sailing around Pensacola Bay, and down the ICW to Navarre, learning something new every trip out. We even ventured out for the fireworks on the night of July 4th, and the Blue Angels airshow. Lots of boats out for those 2 events!! We love it!

·
S/V Calypso
246 Posts
Welcome aboard! My wife and I love the Pensacola area and just might relocate there one of these days.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Be sure to check out John, Cathy & Tony at Lanier Sailing club on PCola Bay. They are great folks and good sources of info/instructors if you need them.
Sounds good, Thanks. I see you are in Fairhope. There is a guy there wanting to buy my 22. Where is a good place near there for slip rental?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm one of those rarities someone actually from Pensacola

Had to move away when everyone retiring in the 1990s made our mortage
Too expensive to live there
A shame because growing up
There were no condos
Just beach dunes

Hope you enjoy sailing

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sounds good, Thanks. I see you are in Fairhope. There is a guy there wanting to buy my 22. Where is a good place near there for slip rental?

We keep Antiqua at Fly Creek Marina located here in FHope. The Grand Hotel typically has a few slips as well. Call email if I can help
Greg

1 - 20 of 20 Posts