SailNet Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I just registered for this forum, I thought I'd say hello.

I just bought my third sailboat. It's a 1982 Yankee 30 Mk III and a bit of a project. A good solid hull, deck, spars, and new Nanni diesel. The systems other than the engine, rigging, and interior/exterior cosmetics all need varying degrees of work. I've been through this before on the last two boats, a Pearson Triton and Fuji 32 Ketch, so I guess it's obvious that I'm one of those people who never learns his lesson.;)

·
Owner, Green Bay Packers
1,000 Posts
Welcome. Love the nickname!

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Welcome to Sailnet, and in particular, welcome to a fellow Pacific Northwesterner.

The Yankee 30 is a nice boat.. I know of another one up in Everett.

Where do you keep your boat?

Let's see some pictures!

You'll need to have 10 posts to do that. This thread is a good place for that.

Again, Welcome!

David

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
Welcome,

There is also a Yankee 30 across from me in edmonds also. Last I checked it was also for sale! 45K or there abouts!

Marty

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to Sailnet, and in particular, welcome to a fellow Pacific Northwesterner.

The Yankee 30 is a nice boat.. I know of another one up in Everett.

Where do you keep your boat?

Let's see some pictures!

You'll need to have 10 posts to do that. This thread is a good place for that.

Again, Welcome!

David
We'll be keeping the boat at Leschi for a while until our name comes up for a slip at DesMoines (that is when it's not on the hard at Canal Boatworks).

There are some photos of the boat from the previous owner on the Yankee 30 website at Yankee 30 "Silverpoint"

The name "Seabug" is from the last boat, which was named by my then 7 year old son. He's lobbying to rename this one "Seabug II."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts