SailNet Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been lurking on this site for years. I need to post a few times so I can see folks signatures!

My sailing experience was limited to ASA basic keelboating which I got when I joined Seaforth sailboat club, which was a good experience. Then we had our wonderful son and I didn't have time to sail anymore, so I had to leave that behind. I hope in a few years to join another sailing club in San Diego and do some more sailing, with the idea of taking my son and maybe daughter (now almost 6 and 3) along for the ride. I am not sure at what age I (and my wife) would feel comfortable taking them out on the bay in a small sailboat.

Anyway thanks for the great site and I hope to talk to you all more soon!

·
Kynntana (Freedom 38)
977 Posts
Welcome! You're in a great sailing area with a ton of people within arm's length who can advise you on how to sail safely with kids. I think I've been told that the SD Yacht Club has the most active kid's program around. Around here (Half Moon Bay area) I've seen people taking 2-year-olds on Cal 20s and Pelicans. Our club starts training them at 8 in Optis.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Glad to have you here, make a nusance of yourself for the required number of posts and then go and hide from the rude offensive sailors that populate this forum. Actually they are excedingly tolerant even of Me, sometimes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts