SailNet Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I grew up on the Long Island Sound but would you believe I've never sailed. That does not stop me from loving sailboats and sailing the sea though.

Now that I have my summers off, I'm looking to learn more about sailing and see if I can get some sail time in locally (weeks, weekends, day trip?)

I'm a fast learner and hard worker so we will see how this goes.

Will be reading the forums in the coming weeks to learn more.
:)

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Welcome aboard sailsprite. If you post some more details about yourself you may get an invitation or two. Age, town you are from hours or days you are available. That sort of thing.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, thanks for the welcome!

I am in Stamford, I am 43--avid skier and biker (soon to be sailor too I hope) and I am a school teacher so I will be off for most of the summer though I hope to do a little tutoring/consulting work.

I have every other weekend free and am happy to sail weekdays/weekday afternoons.

Have NO problem cleaning/working on boats and that kind of thing. I really enjoy working outside and as I said am a very hard worker and never tire as long as I'm outdoors enjoying a summer day.

Hope I can help some of you out w/ boat chores in exchange for some sailing hours/lessons.

Also looking forward to becoming a part of this community and getting to know more of you, learn more about sailing.

Thanks again!

SS

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts