SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone - My name is Howard, just took the ASA 101 class in October and have the 103 & 104 classes coming up in March. Then, I'll be hitting everyone up with boat questions. I'm leaning toward a WWP19 anyone have any thoughts on that as a coastal sailer/camper around the NFla gulf coast? Thanks HJ

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Howard. My name is Jim. I'm here in Tallahassee. Have you gotten a boat? My boat's down south right now and I'm looking for local sailors to get out on the water with.

I don't have any experience with the WWP19. I googled it and it seems similar to a Compac, which I've sailed just a bit. It seems to me like a design along those lines would be great for poking around the coast up here, and the daggerboard on the WWP19 would only improve things. You could beach it, go up rivers with ease, whatever.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jim. I haven't purchased a boat yet. I'm going to wait until I complete the ASA 103 and 104 Bareboat chartering Course in PC at the end of March. Then the search starts. If you're interested in going out, we could get together and go to PC and rent Reef Runner's 28' ODay. My wife could care less about sailing, but I'd like to meet with some local folks who are. My email address is [email protected]. Let me know. What sort of boat do you have? HJ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.