SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sail a Hunter 170 on the Navesink River in Monmouth County New Jersey. There are few (no) other Hunter 170s in these parts - and I'm interested in comparing notes with other Hunter 17 owners. I'm always interested in improving my sailing and having more fun! Happy sailing to all!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Welcome, Estee. Many here either sail small boats now or have in the past. This is a great place to hang out. Lots of very knowledgeable and very helpful sailors here. Enjoy the party!:thewave:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hello estee,

could not send a private message - so positng here.
i'm a NYC resident and novice sailor (have a few ASA courses done).
I'm developing an interest in owning a small sailboat, trying to learn more and a 17' Hunter sounds interesting. Also, I've been thinking of checking out the Red Bank area for a while... If you should have room for an extra hand on board sometime this summer, please give me a shout. i can help out at the dock / w maintenance in exchange for a day sail? As long as you provide instruction, I can lend a hand (or 2), and buy lunch!
My goal is to learn about boats, check out that area and sail a bit.
Thanks!
- J.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
check out river rats

Hello Sunnyja -

Here's a link to my local club - River Rats Sailing - we've got a loaner boat program that might be good for you. Our usual sailing nights are wednesdays in July and Sundays in August. I won't be around for the next few Wednesdays, but I'll give you a shout in August.

Happy sailing -
Estee

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you! glad i logged in to check the board tonight. i'll research the club and get in touch w them. appreciate the lead! i'm at sunnyja [at] yahoo.com

enjoy the good weather we're finally having...

- J.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts