SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!
  • The winner of the February SailNet Captain of the Month is Howard @HPeer. A new competition starts April FOOLSDAY!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! My husband grew up sailing with his family, and he's wanted to get a boat for a while. We happened upon a 1982 MacGregor 25 last week that the owner's selling us for $750 since he's moving out of state. It needs some cleaning, electrical work, and new cushions, but we still think we got a pretty good deal. The sails are in good condition (main, genoa, jib) and the covers are new as is the porta potty. I'm looking forward to learning more about sailing!

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome to the club. I started sailing on a Hobie 16 on Lake Shaffer. Contray to what the adds tell you, there really isn't more than corn in Indiana. I had a great time regardless. Where will you be sailing?
________
Beverly4u

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to sailing! I sailed at Brookville Lake, just south of Liberty, Indiana, for nearly 25 years and loved the lake and the people. A big part of sailing is social. Wherever you sail, consider joining a local sailing club and enjoying the many summer cookouts, winter banquets and ice breakers that they sponsor.

Registered
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We'll be sailing at Eagle Creek in Indianapolis. My husband's whole family is part of the sailing club there. We were members last year without a boat and need to renew our membership for next year. The membership is going to cost more than the boat!

We have two young boys, the oldest is 2 and we also have a 4 month old. My husband really wants the boys to grow up sailing like he did. I'm just excited to decorate

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.