SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I've just re-located from London, UK to Vancouver. I'm a 'lapsed' sailor - did Keelboat and Dinghy sailing in the UK, but not for the last ten years or so. I'm looking to get back on the Water as soon as possible. Any tips from Vancouverites would be very welcome.

·
19,488 Posts
Welcome, Tony... boat shopping? or mainly looking for crew spots?

The moorage market is pretty tight here, but we live on the edge of one of the worlds' best cruising grounds.. time to 'un-lapse'!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome, Tony... boat shopping? or mainly looking for crew spots?

The moorage market is pretty tight here, but we live on the edge of one of the worlds' best cruising grounds.. time to 'un-lapse'!!
Thanks Faster. You're right, it's time to un-lapse!

Mid-term goal would to be in a position to start shopping. Short term goal is a skills refresh and to get a better understanding of the sailing landscape in BC.

The lapse started when my son was born; he's nearly ten now and likes water stuff so getting him into sailing is on the list too.

·
Registered
9,378 Posts
Tony - welcome to the Salish Sea, the best place in the world to sail. It is a huge cruising ground.

If you need a skills refresh - I may be able to help out or point you in the right direction.

Jack

·
Remember you're a womble
2,328 Posts
Hi Tony from another displaced Brit (not London, but not far from it). If you make it out to the island, would be happy to spend an afternoon on the water.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts