SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my name is Chris and I'm from east Tennessee. My wife(Meghann) and I have been interested in sailing for about 3 months now. As long as I can remember I've been fascinated by books of sailing and tales of the open ocean. I'm not sure what is most inspiring to me, the freedom to come and go as I please or just the general adventure. I live in Tennessee currently and I run a restaurant in my hometown. I plan on making a move to a coastal area in four years. We were thinking Florida or even perhaps north Carolina. I have a few weeks of vacation left to take this year and I am dying to get on board and set sail. I have no destinations in mind. Even If I am allowed to sail for a few days in coastal areas that would be great. My wife and I have no experience but are very eager to learn. If anyone has any ideas or may be able to point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. Best of luck to everyone and I hope to stay in touch.

·
Bring On The Wind
281 Posts
Welcome to sailnet Chris and Meghann, good luck with the dream. There are a few charter companies in the locations you are looking at that you can find online and through some of threads here. I'm sure there are a few members who are more familiar with chartering in these areas than I that will weigh in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts