SailNet Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Happy Dance
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

New to sailing and sailboats.
It's been a lifelong dream of my DH to live aboard and travel the world. We moved aboard late this summer, and left Maine Oct 3rd. Wow it was cold.

We have many things to figure out, and now that we are in Florida, we can slow down more to do so. I've been lurking a bit, trying to learn more. Figure it's about time I start participating here!

Katrina G
Happy Dance
38' HR

·
19,488 Posts
Welcome aboard, Katrina... once you get up to 10 posts we insist on pictures of the boat! ;)

Reactions: Kesmg

·
Happy Dance
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thank you!

Ooh, the trip down. I may need more time before being able to write about that more positively!
We are currently in St Augustine, resting, waiting for parts, and getting more comfortable.

·
Happy Dance
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Separating the posts to get up to 10...

I'm not the computer person - DH is, so I will try to get newer pics up.

·
Happy Dance
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
THere's a link to our FB page with some pics, info- we both post on.
Ok, let me post more so I can link

·
Happy Dance
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When we got to VA, I mentioned that I didn't want to take the boat further north ever again. Then Beaufort NC said the same thing. Now in St Augustine (what a great city with much history) I tried again. But we certainly want to see Charleston and Savannah.....

·
Happy Dance
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We are now in St Augustine Fl and will spend time in Vero Beach soon. As we are new, living aboard is filled with figuring things out, and the warmer we are, the easier and better things are getting.
Life got in our way, delaying us 3 years, but here we are now, not exactly ready, but picked and left!

·
Administrator
5,921 Posts
When we got to VA, I mentioned that I didn't want to take the boat further north ever again. Then Beaufort NC said the same thing. Now in St Augustine (what a great city with much history) I tried again. But we certainly want to see Charleston and Savannah.....
Are you still in St. Augustine? If you see SV Cinderella, fellow SailNetter and liveaboard WingNWing lives on her. Please knock on the hull and let them know that "Donna could use some more hot sauce." :D

Reactions: Kesmg

·
Happy Dance
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Btw,
We are now in Vero Beach, FL if anyone is around
We will head to Fort Pierce soon to get closer to ocean inlet

·
Happy Dance
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
In about a month we are thinking of sailing to Bahamas/Abacos

Anyone interested in joining, boat buddy or crew?

Katrina G

1 - 17 of 17 Posts