SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says, I need help finding a replacement tubestack for a BMC 1.5 Marine Diesel heat exchanger, Original engine from a 1977 Ohlson 38. I can't find a source, I'm currently in the USVI but am willing and able to mail order from the US or Europe.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Grasshopper
908 Posts
While searching for a part for out Pathfinder heat exchanger, I came across a site that can build new tube stacks. They need either exact specs or the old tube stack. If you do some searching for heat exchangers, building or re-building tube stacks or exchangers I think you'll find something you can use.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I've been looking along those lines and have emailed a couple of companies but don't have any responses yet... thanks for the assistance.

[edited to say]: just an update, I've found a distributor in the UK that sources these parts so no longer need help. Thanks!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ended up getting a complete heat exchanger package from Lancing Marine in the UK, its a Bowman unit that replaces the older (no longer manufactured and supported) Polar units on the BMC. Looks to be a nice piece of hardware, will know for sure when installing tomorrow...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts