SailNet Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am a new member looking at getting my second boat. Hopefully I put this post in thrift place... I wasn't able to identify this boat when I stopped to take a look at it. Does anyone have an idea what it might be?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok so according to the HIM the boat is homemade. This is not a problem for me however it brings a new question... How do I value it for insurance or if I one day want to sell it?

·
Registered
S2 7.9 Bear Lake, UT
2,882 Posts
I would say whatever you are going to pay for it would be a good determination of its value. It looks in nice shape, what are they asking for it? Does it have a headsail?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It does have jib with it.

They were asking about $1000, but the owner got sick and had to sell all his assets so I thought it may be worth more. It looks like a nice build and I am sure I will enjoy it regardless.

I am working now to try and see if I can find out what kind of kit/plan was used to build it. I don't plan to sell any time soon I am wondering more about insurance then I am resale value.

·
sunfish?junior?
749 Posts
Your car insurance should cover any towing liability . Check with your agent. Your boat will be priceless to you. At any rate You should be able to cover out of pocket the replacement cost of your boat before you pay insurance ?
What are your concerns ?
Kind regards, Lou

1 - 5 of 5 Posts