SailNet Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While sorting through the parts left on the boat I just bought, I ran across this:

mystery-part | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Not sure what it is. This is my first boat with an inboard, so maybe a part of that? It's a mystery how it rusted because it's sealed in the bag.

Looks like some sort of hollow metal rod with a small flange or flare at the end, along with some sort of brass coupler thingie?

Thanks in advance for the clues!

·
Registered
7,855 Posts
The brass coupling looks like the one below, a compression union, but I cannot see the ends clearly enough to be sure. The pipe could possibly be a fuel line with the flared end to fit in the coupling. The rust is from moisture in the bag when it was sealed. That is my guess anyway.

Attachments

·
19,489 Posts
..or possibly a flare fitting too... hard to tell without seeing the union apart. Spare part for something somewhere!!;)

btw... hope you got your mast straightened out a bit!:)

Reactions: chartscharts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
re: my mast...

Thanks! Sure did. It's upright, straight, and can even carry a load with her spanking new spreaders! Most importantly, it was done in time for my brother and his family to go sailing with me. They loved it so much that they want to schedule a trip to Catalina...good times...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts