1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
One of None
Hunter 34
9,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thawing! and can't stop warming up!

eh.. not the best of my love for word play.. :rolleyes:

Everyone notice the stubborn warm up in the east? It's been a long cold cold winter.

I'm actually afraid to check the boat systems even though I was all pink and green stuff was put in or checked as usual before winter hit.

Wishing everyone fun season! :D

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
The "Totally Awesome" slushy in my bilge finally melted in Tuesday's mid 60 deg F temps but is back to a hard freeze today.

Snow on Sunday?

·
Tartan 27' owner
5,238 Posts
Glad to hear you made it through this long, cold winter denise. In the chat room we discussed not having seen much news from you since last fall when you were considering possibly selling your boat. I think we all hope that you get at least one more enjoyable season from your O 30'.
Let it be known that your presence and comments here are always welcomed, respected and valued. You are the real deal!

·
Captain Obvious
2,433 Posts
The Hudson is frozen. As much as I love this valley, and we have so much here (and I sincerely hope this is just hysteria ) I think I am truly a step closer to leaving here permanently. I can't imagine enduring another winter like this one. My heart breaks at the thought.

·
One of None
Hunter 34
9,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glad to hear you made it through this long, cold winter denise. In the chat room we discussed not having seen much news from you since last fall when you were considering possibly selling your boat. I think we all hope that you get at least one more enjoyable season from your O 30'.
Let it be known that your presence and comments here are always welcomed, respected and valued. You are the real deal!
Oh.. how sweet! didn't realize I was being missed! Sorweee guys! Selling is still on my mind but not just yet. From what I see of Oday 30s for sale.. it's not encouraging.

·
One of None
Hunter 34
9,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"looks around" feigns innocence once again

Reactions: jimgo

·
Learning the HARD way...
7,834 Posts
Denise,

After this winter, I don't want to hear any more from you about it being too hot to sail...

·
Learning the HARD way...
7,834 Posts
... also, I am glad to see you back.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Wish I was. Bright and sunny her at and about 20*f at 4pm. Give it another month and I will be think about sailing again. No, I hope to be in the water by good friday. found someone to do my t30 bottom paint for $250. For that price I aint painting.

·
Banned
12,356 Posts
We started compunding and waxing last weekend. Should be done on Saturday. Haleakula has a major issue at the end of last season with water poring into the bildge. They have isolated waht they think is the main problem which was a 4 inch crack in the shaft log tube. We are trying to acertain what the root cause was.

The boat had been just refitted 11 months before with all new rear end parts. Cutlass bearing, acumet 22 shaft, split coupling, PSS dripless shaft , new engine mounts. etc.

They are looking into the Yanmar engine mounts which according to the surveyor not only have differnt serial number front and back, but also side and side.

Dave

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Alignment issue? Yanmar oem engine mounts are notoriously known for being soft. I've been advised after our engine refit alignment should be rechecked with in 50 hrs and then at 100 hrs. But then again we have a shaft over 10 feet long with a Jack bearing in between..not your average engine config...

P.s. Heading to Yucatan at the end of the month doing some cave (Cenotes) diving. Where 99.999999% of the worlds population has never seen except on TV.

·
ancient mariner
439 Posts
chef2sail. i have an aqua drive behind the transmission. it has a thrust bearing that takes the thrust of the shaft & transmits it to the hull via the bracket the thrust bearing is fastened to. forward of that is a constant velocity U joint. so the engine sets level and i don't have alignment problems. the yanmar 2GMF is on soft mounts so vibrations are not transmitted to the shaft of hull

·
A perfect day!
116 Posts
It's gonna be close to 60 here on Long Island Saturday...just got my new slip assignment in the Great South Bay this week...I'm ready to jump out of my skin... There's hope! This has been quite a winter, when 50 feels like tee shirt weather. Almost time to uncover Blue Hawaii and get to work....can't wait!

·
Registered
188 Posts
We hope to have our boat back in the water by May 1st...earlier if possible, maybe mid-April.

We also hope this is the last time we winterize the boat...we want to take her south. I'm done with the pink & green stuff. Plus, we are installing all new water lines and whole house filters...and I don't want the pink stuff running through my new water lines. LOL

Happy Early boating/sailing to us all.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.