SailNet Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thought I would put it out there and ask if anyone that would be interested in helping me sail my Morgan 38 from Tampa around the Carribean to Panama , basically just island hopping and on the way diving , surfing and soaking in the different cultures. Now the catch is I cannot sail , but am doing my best to get lessons and experience ....now saying that I have plently of boat and open sea experience due to the fact I was a commercial diver. I am looking for either male or female that has sailing experience that would like a 7 week traveling adventure from either feb, march next year.The Yacht is fully equipped ready for blue ocean sailing.
I am originally from New Zealand but live in Perth Australia and work in iron ore mines as a electrician and am 45.....if interested you can contact me here

·
Registered
125 Posts
that sounds like an amazing trip I would love to go but I have no idea if I will be available then. got back from a dive trip to Domanica 6 weeks ago and can not wait to get back to those waters.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ahoy Captain,

My name is Chris and I am 29 year old and have spent the majority of my life between West Africa and the United States. I am a hard worker, and eager to learn all things sailing. My personality is very laid back with a sense of humor and I am a friendly individual who gets along with everyone! I absolutely love the beauty of our world, and the ocean particularly. I am excited by the challenge of sailing, the ability to harness the wind for motion and the ingenuity that an adventure at sea must demand.

I have no sailing experience, but have spent much of my adult life dreaming of building my own vessel someday and sailing the Oceans. They say that "tomorrow never comes" so with resolve I have decided that it is time to make my dream a reality. I began searching forums for opportunities where I could learn the trade as a volunteer, and I wonder if you might could use a crew-hand on your trip for Panama?

Cheers
Chris

·
Registered
96 Posts
Must be a "South Islander" if not a sailor. I have plenty of experience. Know how to sail and how much work is involved not just the (pretty picture of paradise).
If I said let me think on it, you would know I have work and obligations associated with a skillful and capable working person. A person with say a wife and home and so on.
But if I am impulsive and say screw it, let's go... You would guess that I had no life and you are rescuing me from an otherwise boring life of TV and carpet...
Boats are personal. Bringing in a complete stranger to live in what is essentially a phone booth and assuming they can cook, clean and keep a social psych is enough but to know how to sail and maintain a boat?
It's likely only a Kiwi or a South African could fit those shoes. I think the post is more likely one of those cheeky jokes to get you all up and foolish...
The "roaring forties are no picnic but the Aussie and Kiwis would leap at this if it were true.
At any rate he has not returned and is likely laughing his butt off at you...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts