SailNet Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Male, 51 yrs, married, would like to crew onboard a yacht for coastal or blue water passage in the above areas, Can get myself to and from your vessel on agreed date, email [email protected]

I'm planning my own liveaboard experience with my wife in approx 2 years time and are keen to upgrade my skills and experience before doing so.
I am a non drinker, non smoker fit healthy bloke easy going nature and get along with most people.

Skills
Have done a NZ Boatmaster and NZ Yachtmaster in the 80's
Recently completed MROVCP VHF radio course
First aid cert
Have advanced open water scuba and all equipment
Have recently completed competant crew

Experience
Sailed 5 years winter and summer series in RPNYC (NZ) cruising div
Owned and sailed 25 footer weekends 3 years in Hauraki gulf
Currently sail trailer sailer in Moreton bay
Various other from 1970 including liveaboard up to 3 weeks Marlborough Sounds, Coromandel, Hauraki gulf

I'm a good worker, dont shirk, happy to pay for my food and coffee. Keen to get some boat time and willing to consider all reasonable offers in the south pacific. Hope to hear from you if you think you can help.

Thanks, Rob

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Don but..

thanks for the suggestion Don, the lead time is too short for Panama, but I'll see if he needs someone after Tahiti.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AN UPDATE, ...valuable lessons learnt

I'm pleased to say that response to my requests for sea time have found a few readers, I just returned from an ill fated voyage out of Brisbane headed for Lord Howe Island, The owner and his father had recently bought the boat and decided to cross the Tasman Sea, We returned to shore after 4 days with numerous problems. the lesson I learnt here is that when you are days out to sea, relatively minor problems have enough time to get a lot worse. If the boat and crew aren't 100% when you leave, it can all go downhill fast

However I valued the time and experience, and am currently discussing some upcoming trips with a few other skippers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts