SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
islander bahama 24
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at a w36cc hoping to find an owner on here to talk to about the boat. Its a couple hrs away so would like some ideas what to look for concerning specifics with that model.

·
Registered
830 Posts
new;
Didja ever find out when/who it was *actually* built?. Seems there's some conjecture about model years annsd date sold ??? HIN should be a big clue; but.... :shrugs:
I read thru some WOG posts and couldn;t find any definite info re: years/dates..From all reports considered, the 36 owners luv 'em.. AFA what to look for? I would suspect all the usual items on an inspection. I'd specifically check decks at fittings...a common spot for de-lam/core trouble . Dunno how "AJM" (?)did it; but Watkins assembly left a lot to be desired in the hardware department ;)
I take it that you are going to makke tthe trip to see it?

I'd luv the opportunity to board one, if just to see similarities and differences; both in size and structure

·
islander bahama 24
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did get info on it it was number 3 or 4 of the 58 that were built so was 1981 model Watkins built so far that's about all and looks like it will be going next month when dad gets here. I will take pictures and notes to post for all and hopefully we will become the newest owners of what appears to be an extraordinary vessel line

1 - 3 of 3 Posts