SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I have a GPS antenna TOPGNSS
Liquid Human body Fluid Audio equipment Medical equipment

like the one that is in this link (24.3US $ 10% OFF|TOPGNSS RS232 GPS marine GPS receiver antenna module NMEA 0183 baud rate 4800 voltage 12V cable is 5 meters.|GPS Receiver & Antenna| - AliExpress)
and I'm trying to use the antenna for my Simrad IS12 Compass using the nnea 0183 connection
Organism Terrestrial plant Font Circle Eyelash

but I can't get to fix it. I'm really raw in these kind of jobs and I need your help, please. I need to know which color
Eye Light Automotive tire Camera accessory Automotive lighting

I should connect to nmea in + (data) and nmea in - (common) in my device Simrad IS12 Compass to get it working.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
To get the two connected together, you would connect the black GND wire on the GPS to the (-) NMEA port on the compass, and the green TX wire on the GPS to the (+) NMEA port on the compass.

However, I don't understand what you wish to accomplish doing this. The compass should provide heading data itself because that is its only purpose. The GPS does not produce either of the two NMEA sentences the compass can process, so there won't be any benefit or data processing in doing so.

If you are trying to get GPS data into a chartplotter or other instrument, then you should connect the GPS there, and not the compass.

Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts