SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a volvo penta D1-20f with 90 hours which has 3 busted engine mounts (no idea if whoever commissioned this engine used a brand new mount or not).

The fact is that 3 out of 4 mounts are busted, and I don't want to spend a fortune replacing it.

Right now, it uses this mount ==> Volvo Penta Shop and each one retails for $380 CAD, which is insanely expensive.

Volvo is now suggesting this new mount as a replacement ==> Volvo Penta Shop at CAD $400 a piece, which is even worse.

I am actually looking for aftermarket alternatives, and I did find 2 interesting options which MIGHT be a fit:

Isoflex IFV55 ==> Isolator Mounts, Engine Mounts for Marine Engines - Isoflex Technologies at US$150 each

Vetus K40 ==> Vetus K40 which is VERY similar to the new volvo mount, at $90 each

Thoughts?

Thank you all!

Automotive tire Fluid Gas Automotive wheel system Auto part

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive tire

Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system Gas Engineering Machine tool

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I bought a set from Shop Online - Ellebogen for our Yanmar 3gm. Very satisfied with product, price and delivery. Prior to the new mounts the boat would shake badly at idle, now she is as smooth as silk. Also here is a thread on 3rd party mounts. 3rd party motor mounts

Reactions: Andre Albuquerque

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought a set from Shop Online - Ellebogen for our Yanmar 3gm. Very satisfied with product, price and delivery. Prior to the new mounts the boat would shake badly at idle, now she is as smooth as silk. Also here is a thread on 3rd party mounts. 3rd party motor mounts
Yeah, I did look at Ellebogen, however they only have mounts for the Volvo Penta D1-20 Saildrive, not the reverse gear! :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts