SailNet Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, for the second time I have returned to the Marian to find an empty alcoholic container on my boat. the first time it was just a red solo cup with an empty bottle in it, this time i found a wine cooler thing can IN my cockpit, to make matter worse the person apparently was in my cock pit because the boom tent was untied and screwing around and lowered my engine, now I have to figure out what to do about this...
Water Liquid Light Fluid Line

I have a very modest boat, and can see no reason why someone would choose mine, EXCEPT that the motorboater next to me, seems to be a party guy and MAYBE needed some more room for friends... THOUGHTS?!!?

BTW i am STEAMED... so i am hoping cooler head will prevail

·
Super Moderator
4,089 Posts
A couple of options maybe. A Wi-Fi camera, a different slip, thumbtacks on the deck ;-)

I'm guessing that you don't want to ask your neighbor if they've seen anyone on your boat? Maybe it's not them, but some kids hanging out. I think I'd be pissed too, but at this point you don't know who to be mad at.

·
Registered
Moody 376
401 Posts
Wireless game camera it’s. It not real time but you can at least check from time to time and get images if anyone is coming aboard and correlate with neighbors partying.
If you WiFi in the marina. Maybe you could adapt a ring camera.

Thats a lot of what appears to be hard growth. How long between visits? How long was the engine in the water

Does the marina have any security cams?
Maybe let the marina manager know that you’ve had uninvited people creeping in your boat. You might not be the only one...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Motion activated LED garden lights will be you quickest and cheapest way out.. Mounted up high on a topping lift or something and set to light when movement is in the cockpit area,

That is a lot of growth. Makes me wonder what the hull is like
You will need to remove the engine and make sure that water inlet is not clogged.
Leave prop in a bucket of Vinegar or Barnacle Buster

I have deleted my previous incorrect suggestion.

·
Administrator
Beneteau 393
9,447 Posts
How many times have they been on board drinking and not leave the empties?
I completely understand you'd be angry. What does the marina management say?

Mark

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How many times have they been on board drinking and not leave the empties?
I completely understand you'd be angry. What does the marina management say?

Mark
I am giving myself a little time to cool down before talking to them....

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wireless game camera it’s. It not real time but you can at least check from time to time and get images if anyone is coming aboard and correlate with neighbors partying.
If you WiFi in the marina. Maybe you could adapt a ring camera.

Thats a lot of what appears to be hard growth. How long between visits? How long was the engine in the water

Does the marina have any security cams?
Maybe let the marina manager know that you’ve had uninvited people creeping in your boat. You might not be the only one...
Things were crazy in July. only made it down to the marina the first week, So think it was approx. 3 weeks

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Try stretching a tarp over the cockpit at coaming level. Many powerboat owners do this to keep out rain and waterfowl.
Try stretching a tarp over the cockpit at coaming level. Many powerboat owners do this to keep out rain and waterfowl.
that is what really pisse me off i had a boom tent over it...

·
Registered
319 Posts
I would remove the boom tent, or as someone else suggested, cover it more thoroughly. As I recall you're coming down from far away, PA perhaps? Is there somewhere closer that you could keep your boat? Is acquiring a trailer an option?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Motion activated LED garden lights will be you quickest and cheapest way out.. Mounted up high on a topping lift or something and set to light when movement is in the cockpit area,

That is a lot of growth. Makes me wonder what the hull is like
You will need to remove the engine and make sure that water inlet is not clogged.
Leave prop in a bucket of brick cleaner Muriatic Acid. It will dissolve the calcium but will not effect the Ali.
View attachment 144394
Seriously? Muriatic acid is hydrochloride acid and will certainly attack aluminum.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Ed, You are most certainly correct.
I was getting my acids mixed and I though brick cleaner was rather benign.

I will edit out of my previous post.
Thank you for setting me straight Ed.

ALERT Don't follow my suggestion for cleaning the prop.
Use Vinegar or Barnacle Buster

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ed, You are most certainly correct.
I was getting my acids mixed and I though brick cleaner was rather benign.

I will edit out of my previous post.
Thank you for setting me straight Ed.

ALERT Don't follow my suggestion for cleaning the prop.
Use Vinegar or Barnacle Buster
Hmm Vinegar sounds the winner, since it will be safe to use in the bay... and i won't add to any of the pollution nonsense..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts