SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Help with South Coast 22

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Barquito 
stress cracks. Imagine how bad we would look after sitting in the sun nearly 40 years!
she's a "mast head rig" meaning the head sail, (jib, genoa) is large and overlapping and can sail the boat but is hard to handle in strong winds. Many of us with mast head rigs don't use the main sail for being too lazy at times. (these have smaller mainsails)

A fractional rig is one where the front sail (jib, genoa) does not go all the to the top of the mast. main sails are larger on rigs like that.

Reactions: Faster
more people drown in shallow water then deep. The sails you can find used. just need accurate measurements. If the main is rolled it means you had a roller furling boom. if it's gathered on top of the boom it's a standard type of design. Lay it out and check it. I'm sure you aren't ready to drop $$$ if you traded for an older boat. Good thing is the size, it makes things more affordable.

DON'T start ripping things apart! good chance everything somewhat ok since the boat was probably not used much. You will want a good outboard that you can count on until you can sail without thinking of a motor. that means 4 stroke! 5- 8 hp should be enough.

I sail a 30 footer alone in moderate conditions and learned on my own. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.