SailNet Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day Happy holidays to all,

Although this is a what type of liveaboard should i get?, question by no means is it a make a decision for me question

I started looking in my early twenties into this adventure lifestyle, being young, single, and a new paramedic i thought what better way to live free. then you know how it works gilrfriend kids and life on shore. i've been back researching for the past couple years on the dream so heres my deal if anyone can give a suggestion:

-I have 2 pre teen boys that live with me half the time. so 2-3 cabins would be great
-I have to stay near philadelphia atleast until they care less if dads around
- i have no plans of sailing across the atlantic just yet but maybe someday
- i would like to venture up and down the east coast when time allows
-
[/LIST]
2-3 cabin
heat/ac
hot water
separate shower
fridge
im sure i could figure how to setup tv for kiddies asap

Ive looked at sailing cats( perfect but price when comes to slipfee and more boat to maintain
ive looked at mono's but i like pilothouses
sailing tralwers
and now im looking at motor cruiser although condos on water the thought of all that fuel

iwant something 35-45 ft. room to stand, spot where my boys feel comfortable during teeage year, able to get into shallowwater, enjoy time on deck and not being confined by bad weather.

so much more to list but drawing a blank now that its time to post
suggestion?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Is that a boat that might interest you? The boys would love tooling around in the dinghy.
When we bought our first sailboat, a Catalina 30, our boys were 11 & 14. The boat came with a dinghy and we bought a motor for them and they used it a lot. The first summer that is...we bought a 15' runabout with a 50 hp on it the second summer. After that, the dinghy didn't get used much.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
It's 20-Questions Time again! :)

What kind of time frame? New/used/build-it-yourself? How deep are your pockets?

Some places to start::

45' Motor-Sailer

50' Dory

48' Alcina

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Chuck
definitely something I'm interested in. There's so much I still trying to narrow it down.

@manatee. I llikethe alicino,
Personally I think I could li've on anything near or on water. I don't want to be limited to only cruising on fuel..

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Did you click on the link & see the alternate sail plan?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.