SailNet Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Fuzzy
17,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK, so not Sailing Related though I will be doing a bit of that for the next few weeks so pardon my lapse.

To each and every one of you I do send you hope for an utterly splendid Christmas especially those of you who do actually believe. I may not but I can still understand why its a special time for you. For the rest of us and those not of the Christian faith it is still a time to hold your family and loved ones close.

·
Registered
1981 Endeavour 32
1,090 Posts
Thanks Fuzzy - Merry Christmas to you and yours as well, and for all the Sailnetters hope you have a great holiday season and a safe and happy New Year.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
OK, so not Sailing Related though I will be doing a bit of that for the next few weeks so pardon my lapse.

To each and every one of you I do send you hope for a utterly splendid Christmas especially those of you who do actually believe. I may not but I can still understand why its a special time for you. For the rest of us and those not of the Christian faith it is still a time to hold your family and loved ones close.
You said it, O Fuzzy One!

M E R R Y ... C H R I S T M A S ! !

·
19,484 Posts
Same to you, and all the other nut-cases here on Sailnet :p (and everyone else too ;))

Enjoy your 'summer sailing' whilst we wallow in the slate grey world that is a West Coast winter....

Seriously, season's best to everyone!

Reactions: christian.hess

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
For those of us who are not believers, I submit

M E R R Y .. G R A V M A S ! ! ! !

Happy Birthday, Sir Isaac Newton!!

"It is a fact that Sir Isaac Newton was born on December 25 (in 1642). I mentioned this one evening when Jackie and I were with a group of friends in a Sonora bar. After some debate, we decided that the date is too much to be a coincidence: Providence is trying to tell us something.

We finally agreed that the time has come for a change. We're all part of Western scientific civilization, after all, and things have been dominated for too long by traditions rooted in ancient Palestinian mysticism. In future, therefore, we decided that as far as we are concerned, the customary holiday season celebrates the birthday of the intellectual founder of mathematical, analytical method. Further, to commemorate the formulation of his famous universal law, the name of the feast shall be changed from "Christmas" to "Gravitational mass," or, more simply, "Gravmas."

Who knows? -the whole thing could spread like wildfire. Two thousand years from now, it might form the basis for the philosophy and worldview of a whole, new global culture, which by that time may revolve around a race of supertech, spacegoing Chinese. . . ."

Read the story::"Merry Gravmas", by James P. Hogan

...and for us parrotheads,

M E R R Y .. M A R G A R I T A S ! !

Happy Birthday, Jjmmy Buffett!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.