SailNet Community banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
:confused: I'm very much of two minds about this - I appreciate the spirit in which it was meant, and at the same time hope I'm strong enough to take care of myself out there in the big world...

Other opinions?

I have the same ambivalence about "women-only" sailing instruction, but perhaps that's fodder for a separate thread.
I'm of a like mindset. I like to think that our sex does not define who we are as individuals. We aren't baboons after all, inside each one of us is a thinking being with a personality all our own that far transcends mere sex. I believe that to focus on a persons sex is to deny in some way their much more important humanity.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I was privileged to have been introduced to this lady many years ago, as well as her husband. They were family friends. I read most of her letters from the Brigantine "Yankee." It's a different world now.

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, But have to tell you I'd meet these amazing people in Palma de Majorca in '66. I'd made models of Yankee as a boy so what an honor. I've still got the last bits of teak from her taffrail (Rara Tonga) and got a guilded tour of the Irving and the Electa in LA when they were outfitting. So different,eh!

·
Registered
32 Posts
hello!

Was happy when I stumbled on this forum. I post questions and all the people who respond are mostly men...not that I mind or that there is anything wrong with that, but let's face it. Men and women have a different thought process and sometimes it is nice to get a female perspective.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts