SailNet Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
Beneteau 393
9,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only women who register can see this sub-forum (OK and the Admins and Mods), post and reply.

We have done this as a test as some threads opened previously wanting a particular perspective have been inundated with well meaning but not wanted perspectives.

Please enjoy this forum... and don't hesitate to PM me ASAP if theres a problem, or an idea :)

Mark

·
Registered
3 Posts
Only women who register can see this sub-forum (OK and the Admins and Mods), post and reply.

We have done this as a test as some threads opened previously wanting a particular perspective have been inundated with well meaning but not wanted perspectives.

Please enjoy this forum... and don't hesitate to PM me ASAP if theres a problem, or an idea :)

Mark
Hi Mark,

Thank you for adding me to the Women's Forum.

I've replied to SarahinMaine's question about Women-Only courses.

I now have a question about this "Women-Only" section. I read DenverON's old thread about finding a woman-teacher for his wife - and the replies seemed to be all male. :rolleyes:(classic)

Is this still the case? That certain men are included in the Women-Only Forum?

I'm sorry to be so pedantic (and hope I don't offend you), but over my years of sailing, I've experienced this over and over and OVER again: women's voices being drowned out by men's opinions - even well-meaning men who may be trying to help.

As I said, it was an old thread, perhaps this section has evolved now to being truly women-only...? (I see there's a thread about sailing braless which I'm afraid to read because I'm loathe to read ANY men's comments about that particular subject!)

Please advise.

Thank you,
Maura (aka LittleWing77)

·
One of None
Hunter 34
8,919 Posts
Unfortunately not on sail net but social media there are women sailing groups and they are populated with many instructors captains and Coast Guard members also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts