SailNet Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Unpaid Intern
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We took the cover off our new boat for the first time yesterday, and hey--what do you know--there's a boat under there afterall! :D She had a full canvas cover with frame over the boat when we bought her in January, so we'd never actually seen our boat without the cover. We also got the old name off the transom (Easy Off didn't work--needed acetone), and checked and retorqued the chainplate bolts.

Anyway, this isn't really big news, but we're excited. Next weekend, we plan to head back to the boat and give her a really good wash and wax, if the weather agrees. Here are a couple of pics (pre wash/wax of course):

·
Irrationally Exuberant
1,460 Posts
Been following your buy, josrulz--so that is news. Glad you got a chance to bond with your boat and get that old name off! You're sailing her down to MD?

·
Unpaid Intern
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
arf145, yep, we'll be sailing her down, hopefully in about a month. Now if it would just WARM UP. Of course we took the cover off yesterday, and the boat's getting an inch of rain today. Oh well, nothing we can do!

Thanks mgmhead and anthon!
-J

·
Banned
1,264 Posts
Uh-oh, thought you bought a sailboat. Where's the mast? :laugher

Seriously, many congrats, and looking forward to rafting up in the bay this summer.

·
Telstar 28
992 Posts
Don't forget to load up the big white flapping things... You might be able to use them, unlike a certain Moderator I know... ;)
Yeah, we'll have to see if we can get us one of those mast-y thingies. :)

Looking forward to rafting up this summer too!

·
Unpaid Intern
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Don't forget to load up the big white flapping things... You might be able to use them, unlike a certain Moderator I know... ;)
Hmmm, big white flappy things...I think those might be a good idea. They make the boat "go", right? :D

scottyt, thanks--I'll definitely keep that in mind. The boat's still 350 miles away in new england, so it'll be a while before she's on the Chesapeake.

·
Banned
1,264 Posts
Hey, maybe you could recycle the shrink wrap to make your own big white flappy things and save some money! Ya think it'd work?

·
Unpaid Intern
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey, maybe you could recycle the shrink wrap to make your own big white flappy things and save some money! Ya think it'd work?
I like your sense of efficiency on this one! Maybe I can use our lawn mower to power the dinghy. :D

Seriously, there's a HUGE pile of shrink wrap in the yard where our boat is, and less than half the boats have been uncovered so far. I'm glad our cover is canvas.

·
Somewhat Senior Member
619 Posts
Hey Jos & Eryka,

If there's rafting up going on I'd be interested in sharing Sabre 34 thoughts. And, I think Cam would approve of this, ... I have a BBQ grill for the stern rail. :D

Valinor and Rhythm should meet sometime.

·
Unpaid Intern
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Jos & Eryka,

If there's rafting up going on I'd be interested in sharing Sabre 34 thoughts. And, I think Cam would approve of this, ... I have a BBQ grill for the stern rail. :D

Valinor and Rhythm should meet sometime.
Sounds like a plan to me! Now all we need to do is get Valinor to the Chesapeake--simple, right? :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.