SailNet Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
First String
868 Posts
Welcome great boat, Yea? is she in New Zealand. Coming around to the US side? Whats the history of that boat?
Gkad to have ya.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome great boat, Yea? is she in New Zealand. Coming around to the US side? Whats the history of that boat?
Gkad to have ya.
Hiya,
She has a bit of history…maybe… All I know so far, she was once known as Thirsty Tiger winner of the 1983 Chicago - Mackinac Cup, owned by Albert G. D'Ottavio and, before that it's been recorded (by a broker in the USA) as being commissioned by Raul Gardini (Raul then commissioned another Carter in 1973 called “NAIF”. ORCA has a beautiful & rich very non-standard interior concentrating on open space (Gin Palace) rather than dozens of berths. However, there is an Orca floating around Europe claiming to be Raul’s but it has a simple standard interior, I can’t imaging Raul going through the expense of “commissioning” a standard design….and considering Raul did most of his US business in Chicago’s region using the same financial group as I believe Albert G. D'Ottavio is associated with I’m likely to believe the broker. Recent history…. She’s had the names “Poppy” and then “Amapola”….

·
Super Fuzzy Moderator
17,137 Posts
Always good to see another Kiwi on board.

Reactions: orca
1 - 6 of 6 Posts