SailNet Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm quite new in sailing. But 3 years ago my friends offered me partnership in fast Grand Soleil 42R. Now I'm participating quite many ORC races and we also won some podium places. Not so much of cruising.

One of my functions is media on board. I record action and events with waterproof video cam.

I live in Estonia and my home-waters are mainly Baltic Sea and Gulf of Finland.

I'm it consultant, photographer and gadget geek. So I also started my blog about useful gadgets on yacht. Water- and action-proof gadgets, makeing sailing more fun and safer.

Jaak Ennuste

·
Registered
134 Posts
Welcome Jaak ! I look forward to your videos and hearing about your part of the world... hope you'll post your videos here soon.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Jaak (from another new member).

Cool vids. Looked like you were leading the fleet in that last one.

My family lived in Helsinki for three years, '56 to '59, and I sailed our little 23' "bay boat" just about every day there wasn't ice. I learned to sail in the states but think I really honed my (few) skills in the Gulf of Finland. I loved living in Finland. Back then travel to Estonia wasn't allowed so I never got a chance to visit your side of the Gulf.

My sailing is now in the Gulf of Mexico ............ only ice is in my drink!

DB

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi DB

Cool to hear, that You have been living in the same part of the world. Turun Saaristo (Turku Archipelago) with its 2000+ islands + Ahvenamaa (Aland) is magnificent place to sail. Been there, seen that.

Jaak

1 - 6 of 6 Posts